Full-time Researcher at ExaScience Life Lab - IMEC P.h.D and Engineer in Computer Science
My name is Imen Chakroun, I am a full-time researcher at the Exascience Life Lab at IMEC . I have received my P.h.D in computer science from the Lille 1 University and the INRIA Lille Nord Europe research center. I received the engineering degree in computer science in 2008 and the MSc. degree in computer networking and distributed systems in 2009 from the national school of computer science in Tunis
New - Guidelines for enhancing data locality in selected machine learning algorithms.
I. Chakroun , T. Vander Aa and T. Ashby
Intelligent Data Analysis journal. IOS Press. Accepted. October 2018.
New - Large-Scale Wearable Data Reveal Digital Phenotypes for Daily-Life Stress Detection
E. Smets, E. Rios Velazquez, G. Schiavone, I. Chakroun , E. D'Hondt, W. De Raedt, J. Cornelis, O. Janssens, S. Van Hoecke, S. Claes, I.Van Diest, C. Van Hoof
Nature Partnering Journal - Digital Medicine. Accepted. October 2018.
New - Parallel Optimization using/for Multi and Many-core High Performance Computing
Nouredine Melab, Albert Zomaya, I. Chakroun
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC) - Elsevier Volume 112, Part 2, February 2018, Pages 109-178.
New - A high level library for multi-dimensional arrays programming in computational science.
I. Chakroun , T.Vander Aa, B. De Fraine, T. Haber, P. Costanza and R. Wuyts
Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (CCPE) - John Wiley & Sons January 2018. https://doi.org/10.1002/cpe.4376.
- Towards an heterogeneous and adaptive parallel Branch-and-Bound algorithm.
I. Chakroun and N. Melab
Journal of Computer and System Sciences (JCSS) - Elsevier Volume 81, Issue 1, February 2014, Pages 72-84.
- Combining multi-core and GPU computing for solving combinatorial optimization problems.
I. Chakroun, N. Melab, M.Mezmaz and D. Tuyttens
Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC) - Elsevier Volume 73, Issue 12, December 2013, Pages 1563-1577.
- Graphics processing unit-accelerated bounding for branch-and-bound applied to a permutation problem using data access optimization.
N. Melab,I. Chakroun and A.Bendjoudi
Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (CCPE) - John Wiley & Sons Volume 26, Issue 16, October 2013, Pages 2667-2683.
- Reducing thread divergence in a GPU-accelerated branch-and-bound algorithm.
I. Chakroun, M.Mezmaz, N. Melab, and A.Bendjoudi
Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (CCPE) - John Wiley & Sons Volume 25, Issue 8, October 2012, Pages 1121-1136
International Conference Proceedings
New - SMURFF: a High-Performance Framework for Matrix Factorization
Tom Vander Aa , I. Chakroun and Tom Ashby
IEEE International Conference on Artificial Intelligence Circuits and Systems - AICAS. Taiwan, 18-20 March 2019.
New - GPU-accelerated CellProfiler
I. Chakroun, Nick Michiels and Roel Wuyts
The IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine - BIBM 2018. Madrid, 3-6 December 2018.
New - Enhancing Machine Learning Optimization Algorithms by Leveraging Memory Caching
I. Chakroun, T.Vander Aa. and T. Ashby
The International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation - HPCS 2018. Orléans (France), 16-20 July 2018.
New - Cache-efficient Gradient Descent Algorithm
I. Chakroun, T.Vander Aa. and T. Ashby
European Symposium on Artificial Neural Networks, Computational Intelligence and Machine Learning, ESANN 2018. Bruges (Belgium), 25 - 27 April 2018.
- SW-SGD: The Sliding Window Stochastic Gradient Descent Algorithm
I. Chakroun, T.Haber and T. Ashby
International Conference on Computational Science, ICCS 2017. Zurich, Switzerland. 12-14 June 2017.
- Distributed Bayesian Probabilistic Matrix Factorization
T.Vander aa, I. Chakroun and T.Haber
The IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing, Cluster'16. Taipei, Taiwan. September 12-16, 2016.
- HB&B@GRID: An Heterogeneous Grid-enabled Branch and Bound Algorithm
I. Chakroun and N.Melab
The International Conference on High Performance Computing & Simulation (HPCS 2016). Innsbruk, Austria. July 18-22, 2016.
- Exploring parallel implementations of the Bayesian Probabilistic Matrix Factorization
I. Chakroun, T.Haber, T.Vander aa and T.Kovac
Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing (PDP 2016). Heraklion, Greece, February 17-19, 2016.
- Stencil-Based Exascale Simulations Using an N-Dimensional Array Toolkit.
I. Chakroun, Z.Bhatti, T. Vander Aa, R. Wuyts and W. Demeuter
Platform for Advanced Scientific Computing Conference (PASC 15). Zurich, Switzerland, June 01-03, 2015.
- ExaShark+GASPI: Reducing the burden to program large HPC systems since 2014.
T. Vander Aa, I. Chakroun, M. Rahn, C. Simmendinger and R. Wuyts
Exascale Applications and Software Conference (EASC 2015). Edinburgh, UK, April 21-23, 2015.
- ExaShark: A Scalable Hybrid Array Kit for Exascale Simulation
I. Chakroun, T. Vander Aa, B. De Fraine, T. Haber, R. Wuyts and W. Demeuter
23rd High Performance Computing Symposium (HPC 2015). Alexandria, USA, April 12-15, 2015.
- Operator-level GPU-accelerated Branch and Bound algorithms
I. Chakroun and N. Melab.
International Conference on Computational Science, ICCS 2013. Barcelona, Spain, June 5-7, 2013.
- A GPU-accelerated Branch-and-Bound Algorithm for the Flow-Shop Scheduling Problem
N. Melab, I. Chakroun, M. Mezmaz and D.Tuyttens.
14th IEEE International Conference on Cluster Computing, Cluster'12. China, Beijin, September 24-28, 2012.
- An Adaptative Multi-GPU based Branch-and-Bound. A Case Study: the Flow-Shop Scheduling Problem
I. Chakroun and N. Melab
14th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications, HPCC'12. United Kingdom, Liverpool, June 24-27, 2012.
- Reducing Thread Divergence in GPU-based B&B Applied to the Flow-shop problem
I. Chakroun, A. Bendjoudi, and N.Melab
9th International Conference on Parallel Processing and Applied Mathematics PPAM'11, LNCS. Poland, Torun, September 11-14, 2011.
- GPU-accelerated Tree-based Exact Optimization Methods
I. Chakroun and N. Melab
Designing scientific applications on GPUs. CRC Press, Taylor & Francis Group.
- Parallel heterogeneous Branch and Bound algorithms for multi-core and multi-GPU environments
Lille - June 2013.
High Performance Computing
GPU, Multicore computing
Cluster and Grid computing, Heterogenous computing
Machine Learning and data analytics
Matrix factorization algorithms
Simple learners: Logistic regression, SVM, RPW, Naive bayes..
Exascale computing, PGAS programming
Parallel Exact Algorithms: Branch and Bound ..
Combinatorial Optimization Problems: FSP, QAP, TSP, KP...
Year 2015 -2016
Programmation: Third Year Engineering, 14h.
Year 2012 -2013
Initiation à la programmation: First Year Bachelor, 54h.
Calcul intensif: Second year Master in Advanced Scientific Computing, 20h.
Year 2011- 2012
Codage de l'information: Second Year Bachelor, 36h.
Recherche Operationnelle: First year Master in Information & Knowledge Systems Engineering and Management, 30h.
Year 2010 - 2011
Algorithmes et Programmation Impérative: First Year Bachelor, 48h.
Recherche Operationnelle: First year Master in Information & Knowledge Systems Engineering and Management, 16h.
New - Workshop organizer and chair of the International Workshop on the Synergy of Parallel Computing, Optimization and Simulation (PaCOS 2018) in conjunction with HPCS 2018.
New - Member of the PhD Jury of Jan Gmys (University of Mons/INRIA Lille Europe). December 2017.
- Guest Editor in the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC) - Elsevier - 2016.
- Workshop organizer and chair of the International Workshop on Parallel Optimization using/for Multi and Many-core High Performance Computing in conjunction with HPCS 2016.
- Reviewer for the Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing (JPDC): Special issue on "Architectures and Algorithms for Irregular Applications" - 2014
- Reviewer for Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience journal - 2014 , 2015
- PC Member of the ICCS conference 2015, 2016
- Reviewer for Microprocessors and Microsystems: Embedded Hardware Design journal - 2016
Participation in scientific animation
- OPEN DAY COMPANY at IMEC.
On the Flemish Open Company Day (October 5th 2014), IMEC opened its doors to the public to visit its buildings and to learn about its research.
- RIC (RESEARCH INNOVATION CREATION).
Days for second year master students to discover research topics and teams of the LIFL.
Presentation of the thesis progress : research works, implementation, writing, conference...
- BOURGOIS Tristan - Master M2 IAGL - Lille 1.
Innovative prototyping with Pharo. THALES SYSTEMES AEROPORTES-BREST Corporation.
- DUTHOIT Marc - Licence L3 Informatique - Lille 1.
Design and Implementation of a mobile solution for project monitoring. SOPRA GROUP Corporation.